Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway Couriers

• 06-01-2022 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am hoping someone can help me to get a telephone number or email address for Fastway Ballyhaunis. I ordered an item online and according to the tracking info it was delivered on 22nd November. However, it wasn't delivered to me! I called in person to Fastway Ballyhaunis (who covers the area I live in) and gave all my details. The member of staff on duty was able to tell me my item was delivered to a man in Galway (I am a woman living in Mayo). He sent an email to his manager giving all the details of my item and said I would get an update. That was on 14th December 2021. A week later, after no response, I sent a registered letter to Fastway Ballyhaunis, again outlining all the details. To date I have still not had any response. As I don't live in Ballyhaunis I would prefer not to have to go there again if I could get a telephone number to call them instead. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Get the seller to follow up, as they have the contract with the courier. Get a refund or replacement, it's up to the seller to seek redress from fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shoko

I contacted the seller. They basically washed their hands off by saying I had to take it up with Fastway. Thanks anyway. Not sure where I go from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Chargeback on your credit/debit card. Item never received.

Fastway, avoid, avoid, avoid !!!!!

Even in the world of couriers they're the pits 🤬🤬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The seller has the contract with the courier. It is up to them. Tell them you're doing a chargeback as they aren't fulfilling their legal obligations here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bert2000

Until summer of last year we had a great and trustworthy Fastway driver. Since he left parcels disappear, left in heavy rain on the road or dropped whereever on the lawn... We try to avoid that courier now. But it is basically the driver who "delivers" value, or not..., also with DHL, AnPost, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Philpom

My experience with Fastway when it comes to their customer service is its non-existent. Happy to take your money but not willing to help when something goes wrong. Their customer service says they'll get back to you with 24 hours yet no one ever gets back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭crinkley

Anyone had any luck contacting them, I've tried online chat and whatsapp but nothing after I give my tracking number. Ordered a phone from eir, they've had it 10 days now, 5 next day delivery messages, made it on a van at one stage and then 2 days ago when it changed to operational delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I had a similar issue and emailed them - got the same lies back......abysmal customer service, I really don't know how they're still in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

If the item was ordered using paypal, then claim via paypal. It's as easy process.

If you used a credit card then contact the bank and ask them to initiate a charge back for non delivery of goods paid for. The fact you have been waiting since November for delivery and you have made multiple attempts to contact the delivery company, means the Banks should be fairly forthcoming refunding you. It's up to the seller to claim from Fastway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Remember you have only 6 months to initiate a chargeback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement