Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK to Ireland Travel and Covid clearance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Thanks so much!saved a lazy sod like me the effort!🙌🙌👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Back from UK.

Asked for no proof of any 'vaccination' in either direction.

The majority people i saw in London were not wearing masks.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Heading to Manchester with my 12yr old in March. I have had 2 doses + booster, my son has had 2 doses & 2nd dose was yesterday.

From reading the above, I do not need anything for the flight out.

For the flight home, do I need to do anything. I have the digital cert in my wallet on smartphone since 2nd dose, a letter for the booster.

My son has the HSE paper card showing the 2 doses and the dates but nothing digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

How “strict” are they in checking coming back in from England? I don’t want the pointless booster but I also don’t want the hassle and cost of equally useless tests Post the 8 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

there was no check of the also pointless PLF coming back to dublin 2 weeks ago .....

"You are asked to declare:

• If you have valid proof of vaccination. For the purposes of travel, passengers are considered vaccinated if they have been vaccinated with a product listed below after the recommended number of days after the final dose: Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or Covishield), Janssen, Coronavac (Sinovac), SinoPharm BIBP, Covaxin, and Novavax.
    • If you have evidence of a negative/not-detected PCR COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival.

Verification details

To complete the passenger locator form, you need to provide your email address. We will send you a verification code that you can enter to log in and complete the form. A passenger when completing a passenger locator form can include up to 7 children details on one form. In this instance, the email address of the lead passenger should be provided."

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

It is the airlines responsibility to check, Aer Lingus certainly make it impossible to check in online unless you have completed the form and the app scans the QR code on the PLF and EU DCC.

Documents checked at the desk if you opt for manual

Please note that on flights to Ireland, to and from the USA, and to other selected countries in Europe, you cannot check in online unless you have completed the VeriFLY process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Any talk of this stupidity being dropped? And any experience whether Ryanair are scanning Covid passes? Mine is due to ‘run out’ this month, had a horrible reaction so not getting a booster. I can live here, but I can’t freely re-enter my own country. When is common sense coming back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I traveled over to the uk yesterday and back today with Ryanair, nobody asked for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭User1998

I’ve flew from the UK loads of times and sometimes they will ask for your covid cert getting on the plane but they don’t really check it thoroughly. Sometimes they ask do you have your passenger locator form filled out but they don’t actually check it.

I’ve never had anything checked in Dublin Airport and I’ve been through at least 10 times. I never once filled out a passenger locator form

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

There's no logic. It's just a nice way of coercing the population to play ball and take the booster. Doesn't matter if mounting evidence proves it's unnecessary. Doesn't matter if you believe it's a personal choice. Doesn't matter if you've had Covid and are naturally immune (lasts longer than 6 months). Doesn't matter if you were sick as dog for a few days after both shots and developed Myocarditis symptoms after the second one. Just take the **** booster and don't question the logic. That's the message.

Advertisement