Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU5.3 smart bulb option

• 08-01-2022 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi,

Ive just moved into a new house and (almost!) all the bulbs are GU5.3 spotlights. In my old house we had a Philips Hue hub and smart bulbs in every room and found it very handy so I’d like to get back to a similar set up.

Id bought a couple of (different types) of zigbee bulbs from Amazon over the last couple of weeks but to no avail - one set kept flashing on and off, the other stayed on but neither were picked up by hue/Alexa…

Has anyone got any suggestions? Obviously I don’t want to rip out the wiring just to put in new hue bulbs (gu10 or similar), I don’t mind replacing the switches, but given the number of spot lights most panes have 2-3 switches on them so I’m not sure that it would work…

TIA,

yak

Advertisement