Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth certificate/ registration

• 08-01-2022 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi all

We have a newborn which we are bringing to the city on Monday morning to register him. Late last year there were many media reports of very long delays, up to 3 months or more.

We need to travel in the short term and obviously the baby cannot get a passport until he has a birth cert.

Has anyone here any recent experience of how long the process is taking?

Also, in the same media reports last year it mentioned 3rd party providers offering a quicker service.. for a price. Any experience or direction here would be appreciated as we are in a bit of a bind

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 FA12345

Not to scare you, but I have been waiting since July for my baby's registration to process! Still haven't heard anything. They don't take phone calls and nobody is replying to my emails. Please let me know how you get on by visiting the offices?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Wow. Where are you based?

We are in Galway and just walked in with our complicated application form and ID. We got the birth cert there and then.

Whole thing took less than 30 mins.

Galway is walk in only. No appointments.

I know during Covid some areas where doing online apps but something has gone wrong surely if you are waiting this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

That should say completed application form! Not complicated at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Took us from July last year to last week... about six months.

Advertisement