Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Sky + Box not recording anymore

• 08-01-2022 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

I had Sky HD + years ago but for probably 5+ years now without subscription.

I was using it for the free channels but furthermore I was able to remove my Irish card and insert an expired UK card. This allowed me to set the UK stations in the EPG and allowed me all the + functions such as pause rewind record playback and the UK catch up tv such as bbc I played ITV hub channel 5 etc etc

this morning it’s all stopped working. All we can do now is watch live tv (UK EPG) but can’t play any of our recordings or pause tv.

just wondering if anyone else is in same boat, or know if Sky have just made some sort of change in a recent update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried turning it off at the mains for 2 minutes and restarting, might sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yea tried that and no joy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The simple fact that you were able to record and timeshift with a non-subscription card is fascinating, as that generally would not be the case. PVR functions should require a Sky subscription.

An expired UK card (or a Freesat from Sky card) was only supposed to give you the UK EPG and only for live TV like it has ended up now.

Did Sky 1/Sky Showcase work? I ask as I wonder if you bought the card from somebody who still had an active subscription but didn't realise it or it was an multiroom card they got rid of.

No sky channels worked. Only the free stuff

didnt buy card, my cousin lives in London and when he moved from Sky he gave me his old card to see if it would sort my epg.

I wasn’t expecting the recording etc but needless to say, was delighted with it!

There used to be someone here or on adverts who had cards for the sky box to enable the recording etc. think they were €50 or something.

anyone know if this is still possible at all?

• Advertisement
Advertisement