Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering device from abroad

Options
  • 08-01-2022 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was recently having trouble verifying an online transaction with the swipe to approve popup . Whenever promoted I would swipe to approve and the app would restart , I would then login and then nothing would happen.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and now I cannot re register my device , as I am not receiving the security sms to my phone number . I live abroad but my registered phone number is still my Canadian number with the country code attached. I cannot call during business hours due to time difference and in me working Monday to Friday and it seems like such an easy fix. How can I go about fixing this issue?

Answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there

Sorry to hear you are having issues receiving the security texts.

However, this issue can only be resolved via an inbound call.

I understand you have difficulty calling us but for security reasons we can only resolve this over the phone

The number to call our colleagues on is +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad and our lines are open between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday Irish time

Thanks

Declan

Advertisement