Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renovation cost (ball park) before biding on property

Options
  • 09-01-2022 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI all,

we are looking at walking this property but wont waste our time if the buidling costs for what we want to do will exceed our budget.

The property is listed below and if we got it we would want to do, similiar to other properties on the road (check the street view) is change garage side into a two storey extension. pushing the upstairs out over the current garage to bring in a n additional bedroom and ensuite. Change the garage into a room to make the property double fronted and then open up and level off the kitchen / dining room /utility at the back as a big open plan kitchen area with ultitiy room with retratbale doors out to the back garden.

Its a far amount of work we know but we havent a notion of the cost. Any ideas would help greatly and as I say if they exceed our busget we would not even enquire.

Thanks

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MTU

Todays costs €250,000 minimum, you would want another €50,000 cushion.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Sorry....had to remove link to the property. Can't have links on here to property you do not own.

I see BER stated as E2. I can't see floor area stated? @positivenote If you want to work out approx. floor area and post here, that's fine and/or if you want to post here the plans, that's fine too.

Advertisement