Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender man wins women's 100 yd and 400 yd freestyle races.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,482 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Both are applicable, trans/cis female and tans/cis woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

It's so beautifully ironic that the "word of the day" on the dictionary website you referenced above in this thread is "Oxymoron". (and in case you're not able to connect the dots here, that is because "trans female" is a perfect example of an Oxymoron. A changing immutable characteristic)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What are you on about at all...look at yourself putting yourself into knots because you didn't want to address the issue of a male injuring females in a sport. Pathetic.

You keep tying yourself in knots demanding me recite my hail marys. That's what's pathetic.

No, they are not applicable.

"denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes."

So no, trans-women are NOT females. You are not getting that. Cis females...no chance. It is just females, simple as that.

Keep the women part if you want, but you aren't going to change biological facts here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

To believe something without evidence based on what another person tells you they really really feel can be compassionate. To attempt to influence policy such that everyone is forced to believe - or at least to speak as though they believe - what you are taking on faith, is as religious an ideology as it's possible to get without a god.

Please don't mistake my interactions with you for attempts to change your mind. You're the prop - not the audience.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Trans women/females are women/females.

I google your quote and I get unavailable tweets and broken links. If you're going to quote something, include the citation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

.🤣.

You are funny 😄

Women with a willy, in other words men/males who identify as women.

To believe something without evidence 

Like you declaring the existence of a "state religion" of ... transgenderism? What were you declaring there is a state religion of, of which you personally attack me of being an "acolyte" of?

• Advertisement

SEE POST #5736 for a frank, grown-up & realistic discussion about this Topic!

You can repeat is as much as you want. Trans-women are not females, biologically impossible, no matter how much you repeat that.

You are again focusing on something in a post to ignore the main message, you are a black belt at it. The links in my post work.

Just to repeat, trans-women are not females, that is biological fact. Call them women if you want, but they can not be females.

And before the horde get their pitchforks, this is not "anti-trans", it is stating fact.

This is getting more Oscar Wilde than Mark Twain. To fail to understand the definition of female once, Mr. Overheal, may be regarded as Unfortunate. To do it more than once is beginning to look like wilful ignorance.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter what it is, because it's an ideology that, unless resoundingly defeated, demands never-ending conflict.

Even putting aside the issues with teaching children nonsense about inner gender feelings and sex, and lying about both their importance and their immutability - trans-identifying males want to be called 'women' because they covet female identity for a multitude of reasons that probably vary from male to male. But sex is such a fundamental and important concept that it will never go away. So even when activists manage to get ahead of technological advances (in this case the internet and chat boards - specifically those directed at younger people), there will still be differentiation. We've gone from 'transwomen are women' to 'transfemales are females' (as you see in this thread), and there is an effort to completely distort sex, trans-identifying males referring to themselves as biological women and so on. Because trans-identifying people aren't happy with merely taking over the old language - they must continually chase every new word and phrase that comes up to differentiate women from trans-identifying males because the differentiations keep popping up, because contrary to popular progressive myth, language describes categories that are observed in reality rather than creating them. And trans (and in some ways progressive postmodernism) are nothing if not an endless war against reality. If women started calling themselves "manly men whose genetic blueprint is organised around the production of large gametes" tomorrow, trans-identifying males would demand the same by Friday.

I'm not particularly concerned that we're going to actually lose the distinction between male and female - so few male people pass as females when the filters of the smartphone camera are left behind anyway, and the category will not ever disappear - but I am concerned that in allowing these nihilistic language games to go on without challenge, as politicians in the West seem wont to do, policy and law that is important for the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable people in our society will be (already has been) changed in ways that will take as much as decades to repair.

Sports is a microcosm of that.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Your post only links to google searches for "gametes meaning" "ova meaning" and "fertilized meaning"

You did not link to the direct "quotation" you were apparently citing. Where did you plagiarize that from? A deleted tweet?

I really makes my day when people pretend they don't know what sex is. Publicly.

💋

It is from Google...do you know how the internet works?

Here are a few other links to educate you on something that you seem to be struggling with.

Why are you accusing me of "plagiarizing" when this is all well documented in science and biology? Do you think I have to run out and prove this for it to be true?

It is from Google...do you know how the internet works?

Yes, Frank. Broken tweets and 404 links.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

From which source do you credit the quotation, "denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes."?

We just had someone deride wikipedia as a lefty edited outfit so I hope you're not saying it originated from there. Is Wikipedia an acceptable source or isn't it?

"get with the times" like unlearning what you learned in kindergarten? That Pluto wasn't a planet?

What other "kindergarten stuff" are you wrong about?

You are doing your little trick again...ignoring the meat of the topic.

Did you bother your hole to click the other links? Or pick up a book on biology to see the definition?

This is really comical that you can't understand that a trans-woman is not female...really really comical.

• Advertisement

I'm just asking you to cite where the quote you quoted derives from thanks. Twitter? A low traffic message board? If it was from some empirical source of knowledge I don't think you'd bother grinding your teeth writing little rants about me like this you'd just happily link to the source...

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of+female

of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

Here you go pet, now take your time and read it carefully.

Maybe to save you a click:

1. An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova. The male and female of each living thing. (Drayton)

Are you learning yet?

As Sharon Davies says in the video above ^ in 5736 the whole trans argument is built on sand, being a circular argument, so they say "a trans woman is a woman" with no reason for it, other than they believe their ideology / quasi-religious mantra, so a man can transmogrify into a woman apparently. No questions asked ...

Their ideology tells them to believe in self gender based on feelings, nothing more, just feelings without biology or science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I wonder will pre natal care get to a point where we can see the genitals but figure out what gender the baby would like to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Fairly simple Hamster - I’m opposed to the idea of making it even more difficult for anyone to be able to participate in sport.

Far as Lia Thomas goes I don’t actually care one way or the other, they’re an Ivy League educated athlete - not likely to go hungry any time soon 🧐

I’m far more concerned with making sports more accessible for children and people with different abilities (I don’t use terms like ‘disabled’, ‘disabilities’, etc, explanation is outside the scope of this particular discussion), basically reducing discrimination and barriers in sports to ensure everyone who wants to participate is treated fairly and has the opportunity to become their best self, living their best life.

I can’t answer your loaded question with a simple yes or no, because I just don’t think in those terms. I’m happy to see anyone have as many opportunities as possible, as accessible as possible, to participate in sports. I grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth, had access to all sorts of opportunities in sports and education and all the rest of it. I’m happy to create those same opportunities and access for other people, as opposed to attempting to shut them out and exclude them from participating and contributing as an equal member in society. Irish society in particular, as opposed to being all that concerned with importing the culture wars bollocks from the US and the UK.

Especially for you Frank, because I do give a damn - far as I can see we’re on the same page in terms of our objective of reducing the risk of injury in sports. ‘Tis indeed, as you suggest, very very simple 👍

So you have to bypass 1a1 completely. Grasping at straws is the expression that springs to mind.

Oh good, so you agree that biological males should not compete against females. Got it.

It only took 194 pages folks, but we got OEJ, finally.

• Advertisement

If you presume that sexuality is innate - ie. people do not choose to be born homosexual etc. then it would also follow that there is a genome or combination of genomes that possibly can predict that.

Advertisement