Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Monday 2022 - NFL Coaching Carousel

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You've just agreed with the point I was making that the Bears "probably" had enough cause to fire Lovie and racism had no part in it. The rest is just waffle.

You've an awful habit of arguing for the sake of it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Interesting claim of me arguing for the sake of it when you're getting 'really annoyed' with others for having a differing opinion to you.

The core piece of your annoyance is that you know 'It had nothing to do with race' - which I continue to disagree with. Yes, I can see there could be cause for Lovie if you look at it a certain way but the Bears had significantly more cause to fire each of the white men they hired afterwards much quicker than they did but time and time again chose not to. It doesn't prove racism but there is also no way to say with any conviction that the differing treatment had nothing to do with their race, especially as it matches a trend we're seeing across the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

We are going around the houses on this one a bit.

Just to point out - the allegations are not 30 years old - they are less than 20 years ago when he was coaching (and lead recruiter) at Colorado (a scandal that Vance Joseph was also implicated in - and a HC that I never wanted the Broncos to hire). It is also not true that Bieniemy has never been charged or convicted with anything.

Again - racism (and misogyny) is rife within the NFL (and the wider game of American Football) - my argument is that I would suggest that the reason why Bieniemy hasn't got a HC is not because of racism but because GMs don't think he is up to the job (apparently he doesn't interview well), there are too many red flags in his past and he is piggy-backing on Reid/Mahomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You git that right, he's always looking to argue and hate things.

Fwiw I'm in full agreement that Lovie got a fair crack at it and failed with the Bears.

Like his 10-6 record was third best in the division. That's not good enough when you've finished third two seasons in a row. He got a long stint with the Bears so imo there can be no suggestion of racism.

No coach has lasted as long with the Bears as Lovie since Mike Ditka and he won a Superbowl. No coach has lasted as long since.

Advertisement