Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caller ID shows long international number

Options
  • 09-01-2022 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭

I moved my home phone from PSTN to Voice over Broadband after setting up eirs fibre to the home service.

Since then, all numbers calling me show on my handset as 003530851234567 (for example)

Prior to this I had a nice short number for Irish calls only showing the 085 or the 021 prefix. Someone calling from UK or USA would show the 0044 or 001 prefixes.

Any ideas on whether this is normal or can be changed back?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It is common for VoIP (and some mobile) providers to present in E.164 format.

You would need to ask Eir to change the Caller ID presentation to work around this. However, they might not support any other way. As the Eir VoIP service is somewhat restricted to the modem they provide, not sure if there is a workaround.

Advertisement