Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loan/mortgage for a site

• 10-01-2022 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I've just seen a site which I would like to purchase.

I'd need a loan of 100k for it though. I don't however have time to get a mortgage in the sense of showing proof of saving etc for 6 months.

Could I get a loan of 100k from any bank/credit union that's not a mortgage and just a loan?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Banks are in the business of giving loans, but none of them are going to hand you a 100k be it a mortgage or otherwise without assessing your ability to pay it back and the valuation of the collateral you will put up in order to secure it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

What Jim said.

What you are looking is a loan for the site, rather then a mortgage unless you plan on building on it shortly (?), but you will still need to show that you have the ability to pay back the loan. I don't think that any of the major banks will give you a 100K of a loan, as any I have checked are up to a max of €75K.

Very roughly a loan of 75K will probably cost you 98K over 10 years with a monthly payment of €825. Over 5 years it's €1,400 a month.

Advertisement