Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum's Favourite Christmas Sweet - THE FINAL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Oh I do like dark chocolate but not with nuts. Interesting that nobody has mentioned those vile Lindor that are inexplicably loved by many. Yes I've very stong opinions about confectionery 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love the lindor dark balls.... with tea or coffee... heavenly.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ferrero Rocher

Lindor 😂

Caramel barrel (Roses)

The purple one (QS)

The green triangle (QS)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Get out.....

Lindor is gods gift to us humans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

1. Dairymilk (Hereos/Roses)
    2. Wispa (Heroes)
    3. Twix (Celebrations)
    4. Snickers (Celebrations)
    5. Galaxy Caramel (Celebrations)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Those Lindt balls....literally Manna from heaven 🤤

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Right the healthy eating might have to take a hit tonight, all this talk to choc is giving me a graving for a few choccy biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Went out to the shed to grab a couple of cans of guinness and found an aero peppermint bar and a large bar of Cadbury s dairymilk in.the fridge...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

oh I love Lindt Lindor.. wow - never met anyone who didn't like em.. wow..

but hey, each to their own..

I lovvvve the hazelnut variant hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Omg the hazelnut ones, mmmmm. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

1 orange creams Roses

2 wispa heroes

3 Devon toffee seasons greeetings

4 crème egg Heroes

5 WHITE ferraros yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Do After Eights count? Are they a chocolate/sweet or a biscuit? Love them anyway.

My favs - Strawberry Delight, Orange Creme (QS) and Wispa, Twirl and Dairymilk (Heroes) Snickers from Celebrations.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The purple one

Malteser

Tunnocks Tea Cake

Hazel Whirl

Ferrero Rochet original one

Think classifying a tunnock tea cake as a sweet might be a stretch (we'll leave that to the mods, thats why they're paid the big bucks afterall 😉)... they are so tasty though they kinda do deserve a mention.

Yea as much as I love them, they're defo more on the cakey side of things....

Going to close off the nom nom noms today and start with eliminators/round 1 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Am I to late too late to vote 🧑‍🎄

I would have voted for

1. Toffee finger QS
    2. Galaxy Caramel Celebrations
    3. Scots Clan
    4. Maltesers
    5. Cadburys Caramel Heroes

Not too late. Should be able to start the knockouts tomorrow. Work pending. 😜

• Advertisement

If Bounty doesn't win it will be the biggest travesty of justice since Holiday Vacation was robbed in the movies competition!!

37 Unique noms, 22 straight through to last 32 due to multiple nominations, the remaining 15 will battle it out for the last 10 places.

First battle.... first to 3.

Coconut - Quality Street

VS

Fudge - Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Coconut

I'm going to get my vote in early here.

Fudge - Heroes, dispite being a big bounty fan I find the QS Coconut sweet too dry, I also find the fudge sweet in Heroes to be a decent size so bonus points for that in my book.

1-1 quick start here.

Fudge.

I do love coconut however having two in could dilute the vote. Plus I like fudge as well.

2-1.. don't fudge your vote if you're nuts for coconut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Coconut.

Love the chewiness! Now if it had been QS fudge...droooollllll!😆

• Advertisement

2-2, next vote wins

Advertisement