Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Printed Paperbacks / Hardcopy Books REALLY HELPED you in an Area of IT ?

Options
  • 10-01-2022 10:53am

For me, it was the O'Reilly Book published 20 years ago this month, Acceess Database Programming and Design by Stephen Roman, 3rd edition. It really, really helped me at work in understaning the concept of Databases and SQL fundamentally. It was not designed as a training course text thank goodness. Parts of the book are long out of date, but others like Normalization and Primary and Foreign Keys are still as relevant as ever, just as Newton's primiciples are used in Space Science.

So which print media book helped you along in your IT carreer and I'd liike to know was it designed as a Course Text for college, or a reference mnanual like Windows 10 Pocket reference published by Microsoft Publications? No sitting on the fence please thankyou!

Advertisement