Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare - dining options

• 10-01-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

Going to Adare this weekend Saturday and Sunday. Have dinner sorted for Saturday (in Adare Manor) but looking for somewhere nice that is open for dinner or late lunch on Sunday next 16th. It's hard to gauge whether places will be open or not. Sunday's in January wouldn't exactly be peak season and with Covid and staff issues lots of places could be closed. 1826 has all of Jan blocked off on their booking system so guessing they are closed. Can anyone tell me of somewhere that will be open and is fairly decent. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Woodlands Hotel..?? Just a short spin down the road. Really lovely place, great atmosphere and fantastic staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

1826 would be a good shout (if they’re open).

smalltown pizza Co is also worth trying but that’s a much more relaxed option.

Dunraven do a lovely Sunday lunch.

Nevilles cross (3km outside adare) might be a nice change of scenery.

Mustard seed in Ballingarry would also be a great shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

+1 for the Dunraven

Silver service lunch , excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JulietJones

Thanks a million. I checked Dunraven and unfortunately the latest time slot they have for lunch is 2pm which doesn't suit. It sounds lovely though and i really wish we could make it work.

I had emailed the mustard seed but have had no response; the same with Nevilles and 1826 so not looking great. Tried phoning them also but no answer. It is possible that they are only open towards the end of the week so I may not be able to get a response till closer to the weekend. Thanks again for the great suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Yea I reckon 1826 are closed Mon to Wed. Just spotted on Instagram that the Mustard Seed are closed until the 4th February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

small bit of a drive from Adare ( about 10km) id say but https://quinnsdebucket.ie/ might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JulietJones

Hi,

I got a response from Nevilles so going to run with that as they can facilitate us at a time that suits.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll definitely check some of them out in "normal times".

Cheers

Advertisement