Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance wait period - maternity

• 10-01-2022 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

We just found out that we're expecting our 1st child, 5 weeks along. We started our health insurance policy on 01/02/21 and it states that there's a 52 week wait period to access maternity benefits.

We would like to go for private maternity care, but could only do so if our health insurance covered part of it. Does anyone know if this pregnancy could be covered even though it began before the 52 wait period elapsed? I'd imagine we won't be making any claims for money until after that point.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I think you are fine. The maternity cover will be for your hospital stay mainly so once you are 12 months in then you are OK I believe. No harm to ring and check though, you do not want to end up paying for a hospital stay as a private patient if not covered by insurance.

Congratulations :-)

Advertisement