Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection

Options
  • 11-01-2022 7:47am

Anyone play this yet? Basically a modernised mishmash of Ghosts 'n Goblins and Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Hard feckin game just as with the older titles. The art and music are wonderful.

https://youtu.be/ADaOMeD6y9U

As someone who grew up with Super Ghouls and other games from the series, I can't get enough. Perhaps one day Capcom will give us modernised versions of Super Ghouls, Demon's Crest etc.?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm a massive GnG fan and at one point could one credit GnG (on lower dipswitch settings mind you).

This game didn't really do it for me. It is an improvement on Ultimate GnG on PSP which I wasn't a fan of. But it still feels like a halfway point between Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins and Ghouls n' Ghosts. The difficutly is just off. Whereas GnG was harsh but fair, this just seems a bit mean spirited and tough for the sake of being tough. It's a lot harder than the old games and it's telling that insanely good speedrunners like TMR have trouble with this game.

It's good but it doesn't capture the magic of of GnG or Super GnG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Looks so flat to me, sprites and animation, in that game.

I think the original looks much nicer and has a lot more charm.

I would love to see what Retro Studios (DK Tropical Freeze) could do with GnG. It would be amazing.

Excellent post. G'nGR on Legend difficulty is certainly a bit of a joke.

Advertisement