Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people get bikes too big?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

there was a (now defunct) bike shop in Waterford in the 80s, where every teenage boy that went in was sold a 25 inch Raleigh, regardless of model, with the parents told 'he'll grow into it lol

I still come across these gates on a regular basis!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

when i was about 13, my brother and i got new bikes - and were sold 23" bikes. that bike would still be too big for me.

they can't have claimed we'd grow into them with a straight face - my father is about 1cm shorter than me and my mum barely qualifies as 5 foot tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Whats an L in a cube? Is that a 56 or 58?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

culbe, i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

I thought it was clube 🤔

• Advertisement

Cycle superstore have a large sized cube attain sl. What ia a large sized road bike for cubes, is it a 56 or 58?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

Same happened to me,in the Giant shop in Canada had all the sizes and I got recommened the M/L. I should have gone for M as im as agressive as can be within reason and would rather the smaller frame for weight and stiffness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Would the Giant guidance chart have advised you to go with M or M/L? Curious as to how accurate it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

I'd be interested in the sizing too. What height are you? I'm 185 cm, so I'm sort of between M/L and L, I think

Right sorted, penny farthing got me a cube agree in a 56 for june. Cant wait and fair play to them. I sat on an agree sl in 56 yesterday and i also had a cube nuroad 2018 in a 56 and it fitted like a glove so it should be all good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement