Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth - nice places to live?

Options
  • 11-01-2022 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I shall be moving in the coming months and I'm looking at property in Maynooth. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the following estates please? Any help greatly appreciated!

• Meadowbrook
    • Caron Court
    • Kingbry
    • Silken Vale

Regards,

Adrian

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

All in my opinion are good estates, some with higher amounts of rental v residential properties. Most date from 80's or 90's.

Meadowbrook has a lot of rentals, I lived there as an owner in the past and the transition from owner to rental properties was astounding.

Always liked houses in Carton Court, an older but larger house and probably a larger amount of older generation home owners there.

Kingsbry is massive, don't know too much about it, Built in 80's.

Silken Value is newest estate, also reasonably small. Don't know much about living there.

However In terms of my personal preference top to bottom I would go Silken Vale, Carton Court, Kingsbry and then Meadowbrook.

Remember Maynooth is a university town. Lots of student accomodation dotted around the place with associated social lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Gusser09

We bought in Kingsbry 10 years ago and have never looked backed. Big gardens with plenty of scope to extend. That's somthing you don't get with the newer estates. A 3 bed house in the newer estate was around 60-70k more but they are small. Even the newer estate now like Silken Vale and Moyglares have huge student populations and rentals.

It's a grand town but traffic is crazy. If I were buying again I would be looking further away.

Answers

Advertisement