Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to close latest version of 365 app on android

Options
  • 11-01-2022 7:30pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, who actually signs off on new versions of the app. Whoever it is needs to be replaced with someone that actually understands how apps are supposed to work, and can test that it does do what it is meant to. I check some information on the app, or whatever, and on completion, to actually get out of the app AND leave my phone safe so that the app is not still running in background, I have to go through almost as tedious a process as I have to go through to sign on 1. Select the icon to get to my profile. 2 Select Log Out 3 Select "Yes, log me out". 4 Minimise the app to get it off the screen. This has to be done at android OS level, as it's not possible within the app. 5 Select the X to close the app so that it's no longer running in background. That's a pretty tortuous route to close an application down, and to make it worse, with the latest update that was applied this morning, version 2.6.5, the final and important Step 5 no longer works, and it it now not possible to actually completely close the app without closing EVERY other app that's currently running on the Phone. NOT ACCEPTABLE, and a change from the previous version that was in place until last night, and it needs to be fixed PDQ, and this fundamental bug should never have got through the acceptance testing, and represents a fundamental security hole. In addition, to go through the process steps above in detail, having had to specifically select step 1 to get to the profile, then step 2 to actually exit, why is step 3 even necessary. I have already had to make 2 specific selections to get to the exit point, so step 3 is another annoyance, and with the new bug that's been introduced, it's another hinderance to the process. Having to then use the Android OS to minimise the app is not good programming, and then for step 5 to now not be working, that's a major security hole that's unacceptable. Over to your programmers.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Irish Steve, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here and we'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the relevant team.

If you want to raise a formal complaint in relation to this you can do so through our online complaints form. I have provided a link below, I hope it helps.

https://bit.ly/33tc0Et

Thanks, Eve

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Eve,

Thanks, and I will look at if it's appropriate to escalate further, I'd hope that the developers would respond to the feedback you give them, but there's no telling.

Apologies for the messed up formatting on my original post, I have raised it as an issue with Boards, as it seems that the problem is related to the software that the site is now using, I formatted the original post with paragraphs to make it readable, but for some reason, the first post in a new thread seems to get mangled when it actually posts, and to make it worse, if you quote the post after it's been posted, the formatting is restored, so reporting it to the relevant people is confusing, in that the report they get doesn't show the error as such. Hopefully, they will be able to resolve it.

Regards

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement