Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.de Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (44mm) €216 inc Delivery

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

That a good price compared to here? I’ve a young man’s 19th coming up next month might fit the bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Good to know. Gonna do the same later. What line did you take them to get the refund?

Looks like the price of the watch has one up to €233 (excluding delivery in the last hour or so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Complained to CS Agent who could only offer an apology. Told him I'm disappointed and to initiate an RMA for me.

He got onto a supervisor and I got a phone call from a UK number (although lad with a German accent) saying it's a promotion from Samsung but that it did indeed end on the 9th, and they could offer me the €21 credit. He says the promotion shouldn't be showing on website after promotional period so may be why it's now gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

has anyone got a Garmin brand equivalent smart watch, something with good reviews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Feck it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

Mine arrived today , ordered it Sunday . Good going to get it from Germany in that time .

Any must have things to try or tips to use

Spent the first two or three days messing with it.

Few tips:

• Install Google Pay (if bank supports it). You can't change the shortcut of Samsung Pay by holding bottom-right button but I set Google Pay to launch on double-click of top-right button.
    • Mess with watch faces to find one you like - some cool enough ones out there, and loads on Facer.
    • If you don't have a Samsung phone, you'll need to install modded apps on Watch and phone to support Blood Pressure / ECG readings. Easy enough to be honest. Instructions here but gimme a shout if you get stuck: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/restrictions-removed-samsung-health-monitor-wearos-1-1-1-181-root-age-country-device-restriction-removed-19th-january-2022.4322527/
    • Toggle with notifications - the likes of notifications for calls, WhatsApp, Ring (shows a thumbnail) and the like is handy. But probably overkill for every depending on how many push notifications you get on a daily basis.
    • Spotify app is great and supports downloading playlists for offline.
    • Look at Quick Launch tiles (swipe from top) and get them to be more in-line with what you'd toggle often (e.g Theatre Mode, WiFi, BT etc).

Only thing I haven't done which I want to is try and remove all the BS stock apps.. the likes of compass and calculator is just a bit excessive.

And also can't get my calendar widget to sync with Outlook for work... I think I can add it in Gmail and have it sync that way but need to look into it.

Post edited by Basq on

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭matzen

Yeah, the calendar will work if you sync the work Outlook with Gmail. Got the watch yesterday. I'm going to try and get used to the short battery life, coming from a Huawei GT2 it could take a while.

Thanks Basq , excellent post , some great tips there to get started . For many folks following this – it could be there first smart watch so it’s a bit of a learning curve . 

Speaking personally, I honestly think you'll be hard pushed to find a better watch face than Pixel Minimal.

Interactive widgets and fully customisable!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Looks a class watch close up....will set up an alert on hagglezon I think for the next price drop.

I have been wearing mine all weekend and very impressed so far . The only negative I have is the length of time for a full charge . Nearly 2 hours .

I think I am spoilt from being used to the "super fast charge" of a Samsung S20+ . 4500mah battery which charges so much faster

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

In case anyone is interested, I've gone through a pile of different straps for the watch, be it leather, metal or silicone, I highly recommend the one below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B09FHNJHBX

It's great quality and we'll worth the money.

Less than 3 weeks in my strap is after breaking ! Where the buckle is -split on 1 side for no reason 😡

There must be some defect in the design for that to happen so soon .

Advertisement