Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL Playoffs - Wildcard Round Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That is comical bad. What an outrageously stupid risk... Feckin waited all the way for it to end like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A QB run with 8 seconds left. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Can we sack McCarthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A QB draw with 14 seconds left and no timeouts, I was in stitches watching the Cowboys go full Cowboys 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As an eagles fan I’m still royally pissed they lost but the cowboys losing really helps, but Jesus the Niners played it close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

What a pick!

Mess of a start to this one.

Jesus f*cking christ, what was that? 😂

Much better, great drive with some nice plays.

What a turnaround, we rollin' now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Just coming down from the end of the 9ers game - two weeks in a row of too much stress. It played out why I felt it was unlikely it was going to be a Cowboys blow out and it was much more likely that the 9ers would beat them by 10+ points. Bad Jimmy showed up in force late and every kind of bad luck ended up with it coming close but the 9ers dominated the game, despite their top defender being gone from before halftime and their second best defender going off for the last few key drives.

Cowboys, like most years, were overhyped and too many bought into it (not from the knowledgeable folk on this thread).

I did lose a lot of respect for Dak tonight. Have spoken up for him over the years despite his horrendous response to the BLM protests, but claiming to 'give credit to' fans who threw bottles at the refs and his own team members is despicable.

Between him and Rodgers this year is has been tough to deal with the character of players I've expected more from

A big man TD where Watt was tossed to the side and a TD pass from Travis Kelce, this is a lot of fun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

9ers cowboys took years off me, huge tension, although most of it was created by the ineptitude of the two teams. Niners were savage early on and I had been thinking they would be a good bet to upset the Packers (my main interest this weekend is seeing who can beat them) but you'd have to think the Packers will be a damn sight more disciplined than the cowboys, for one thing, able to take advantage of defensive weaknesses, and most of all in a position to capitalize on Jimmy's errors. If they play the way they closed out today, any remaining playoff team has the beating of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

As a Niner guy, that's why we know going into every game this season it's going to be the flip of a coin...which Niners are turning up? In the Rams game we got both, bad then good. Yesterday we got the same but thankfully the D showed up big time. Again against the Packers next Saturday, the Niners can beat them but only if the perfect Niners show up...question is which Niners team show up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I thought thy played ok, pretty much shut down the top offense by DVOA, offensively they moved the ball, converted on 3rd downs and run the ball well.

Shanahan had some poor in game decisions (as usual) and Jimmy had some poor throws (also as usual) . This is what you get with the 49ers.

They should have gone for it on 4th an 1 in the first half while up 10, if they score a TD there they are in a great position instead they leave the door open.

In the second half they could have closed out with a 4th down conversion but they took the delay and punted giving the cowboys another chance. I have no idea why they are sending Trent Williams in motion on 4th and Inches at the end.

Jimmy had his usual poor pick, also missed at least 2 wide open receivers but was actually quite good outside of that. Next week will be a completely different game. You'd have to imagine Rodgers and Adams will do a much better job of targeting the 49ers cornerbacks and SF will have a tougher time running the ball. if Bosa and Warner can't go next week you'd fear for SF, even with them it seems a tough ask for SF to win.

Also, wish TV networks would figure out it's Nick Bosa not Joey, Joey plays for the chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nervous Matthew Stafford turned up on the Rams first drive, he hung on to the ball way too long. Sony Michel looking very good early but no score for either team on their first drives.

It's got a feeling of a game that could be high scoring.

Great drive from the Rams, OBJ in the corner on 3rd and goal for the TD, 7-0 Rams.

Murray have a nightmare, pick six 21-0 Rams with 8 minutes left in the second quarter.

How long does Kyler think he has to bounce around the endzone? Horrendous.

Another blow out - quite the underwhelming weekend of games.

Nearly all were lopsided for most of the game, with just two of the six making it tighter in the final quarter.

• Advertisement

Lots of soul searching for the Cards after that. Remember after seven games? Kyler Murray was the certain MVP but just like the year before he falls apart.

How you go from unbeaten to where they were at tonight is a big question.

5-1 for the wildcard weekend. Bar the Niners vs cowboys and bengals vs raiders the games weren’t especially close. I don’t know what to say about the cardinals except what the expectations every season suggest and the reality are poles apart for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Its not a question of which 9ers, the mistakes are part of who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭threeball

Called 6 out of 6 this weekend correctly also but I thought they were fairly obvious winners in most games bar the Rams and 49ers games. Next weekend will be a completely different story. Bengals Titans could go either way, as could Chiefs vs Bills, 49ers are capable of taking the Packers if fully fit and Rams Buccs is a toss up. Some really tasty matchups there. I'm going Titans, Packers, Buccs but the Chiefs Bills game has me swaying back and forth. Before the weekend I would have said Chiefs but the Bills were impressive on Saturday.

More it is who their QB and Special Teams are - I'd argue the majority of the 49ers are probably less mistake prone than most of the league due to the fine details that are needed to play the way they do. I'd rather be in that position and hope for the good side of variance like mistakes from a few players that can be limited than have a fundamental issue that can be exploited, like not being able to stop the run.

6 out of 6 for the picks last weekend - trying to thread the needle and bet the spread was not as successful.

Kingsbury is 16-43 after the 7th game of the season across his college and NFL career, it's a trend at this stage. Seems like his teams are easy to figure out after a while.

That's a crazy stat but it certainly looks to be the case.

It was mentioned on the around the nfl podcast after the weekend games. I would have assumed it was far better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Post edited by Paleface on

Advertisement