Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any rights on "free" part of bundled product purchase

Options
  • 12-01-2022 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My son got a hoverboard for Christmas with a go kart attachment. Two parts of the kart have broken and need replacing already, despite normal use. The supplier is saying the parts will need to be paid for, as the kart was supplied as part of a promotion. Here's a link to the item in question: https://www.voltes.nl/en/off-road-hoverboard-8-inch.html

Are they correct?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

I would think that you have an argument that while the kart is free, your decision to buy was made on the basis of the additional value and the package that was been offered as a whole. If you bought a car and got an upgraded car radio that didn't work, you would expect the garage to fix it.

I would threaten them with returning the whole thing and if they are not willing to play ball then you'll do a charge back on the credit card.

They can either choose to replace a single part or they can lose a full sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Thanks. I just thought it was pretty cheeky of them at the very least, and I was curious about the legal side. I mean it's not like it's a toy that we got free with a happy meal - they sell the kart that they bundled separately for €59, so if we'd bought the kart from them on its own, and the same faults occurred, they'd be having to fix or replace. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Advertisement