Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres for road use on MTB

Options
  • 12-01-2022 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

My Cube Reaction has Schwalbe Smart Sam 2.6" (29") tyres and while they seem to roll nicely on the roads and have reasonably low resistance, i want to get something slicker. I rarely go off road and if i do its on hard pack fire roads and so i dont need anything too nobbly. I have read hundreds of reviews of various tyres but there doesnt seem to be any stand out tyre that does exactly what i want except for the Schwalbe Marathon Almotion which is 2.1" wide and has good puncture protection. It seems to fit the bill as i only ride on the back roads around me and some fire trails and theyre about 200g lighter than my current tyres so will save a bit of weight too but before i buy has anyone any other recommendations? TIA

Comments

Advertisement