Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help starting out!

• 13-01-2022 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all, I tried starting fishing last summer with lures from the shore and I had no such look. It has been something I've been wanting to learn and a way to get out of the house more.

I couldn't seem to get the knack of it and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a teacher of sorts or be willing to let me join in on a fishing session to learn a few things.

Also if anyone could share any tips on boards that would be sweet. My Grandad used to spin for bass and I guess I'm trying to do the same.

I am based in the South Dublin area but don't mind travelling to North Dublin, Wicklow

Thanks, much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Are you on Facebook? There are a few Irish bass/lure angling groups on there. I'm sure you'd meet like minded fellows..... if you don't meet any here that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ChinMusic21

Wrong time year for chasing bass with lures for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ChinMusic21

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Better off using bait this time of the year for bass to improve your catch rate. Summer/Autumn seems to be best for a bit of lure bashing.

Not saying they are not there but be prepared to blank allot in winter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Give me a pm on facebook and ill get you in a group off 500 hardcore irish bass anglers. Some wonderful knowledge being shared in the groups and plenty of lure fish being caught at the moment.

I have learned an awful lot about lures and what to use when and why recently, I used to be bait only but lures will be my thing this year I think for a change.

Slaney fishing on fb

• Advertisement
Advertisement