Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Tescos, and Super Value.

Options
  • 03-01-2022 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anybody recommend this way of shopping on line?
    Post edited by The Ritz on

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Ned Led Zeppo.

I think you may have posted this is the wrong group.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

???? How do I change it? I though this was up to the Moderators?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Ned Led Zeppo.

I think you might need to PM one of the moderators and ask them to remove it.

Normally @ The Ritz will pick up on these but perhaps he has missed this post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Moved here from the Richersounds forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lena11

Hi

I have been shopping online since pre covid times (it used to just be a bulky/dry goods shop but since Covid I get everything delivered). To date I have used SuperValu, Tesco and Dunnes, the services are all quite good but it really does depend on the store its comming from. The premice of all is the same. you pick a delivery window (usually a two hour slot) and add items to your basket and check out. If you need to change the order (I always forget something!) you can log back in and alter it up to a cutoff time. The items are usually all very fresh and in good condition (just check them all on delivery before the driver leaves) and delivered from a van with a fridge and freezer section (all the vans are similar design).

SuperValu

This was my #1 choice until my delivering store was switched during Covid, the difference in service was so bad I moved to Tesco. ( I still use occasionally)

Pros

• Website very easy to use, I used to do my order in 5 mins from my phone in bed before getting up for work
    • The vans come during the delivery slot selected, if there is a chance they will be late/early they will contact you
    • Easy to copy and paste voucher codes from RealRewards app into your checkout
    • Spend and save Vouchers are regularly given
    • In olden days the picker used to ring you to discuss substitutions (has not happened since my store changed and they are probably too busy in a Covid world to do this anymore)

Cons

• 95% of the time I have returned an unwanted substitution the refund is not automatically credited (You have to ring EVERY TIME!!)
    • They were supposed to go bagless but they continued when covid hit. Each basket has a liner so to transfer content the liner is gathered like a bag and handed over (it does make the delivery quicker but it is alot of plastic that is unnecessary)
    • You only have until 6pm the evening before your delivery to alter it which is a little early

Tesco

I'm currently signed up to delivery saver and this is my most used service at the moment

Pros

• Delivery saver is where you pay an amount in advance for free delivery and early access to peak slots (eg Christmas), it does cut down on delvery costs
    • Almost always the refund for non suitable substitutions hits my account at the same time as the charge for the shopping
    • You can amend your order up to 11:46pm the night before delivery
    • Orders are bagless (you can choose bags if you want) - This does mean items have to be taken out of the crates one by one

Cons

• I hate the website and find it unusable on my phone (maybe its me?)
    • Only about 60% of deliveries are in the window selected (I've had Drivers tell me its more a guideline than a set time - not much use when you need to get home before a delivery or have nothing for dinner until it arrives)
    • Not an issue for me but I think they check your payment card for an amount greater than the order amount so if funds are tight this may be an issue ?

Dunnes

I will be moving my regular shop here once my Tesco delivery saver period is up

Pros

• You get an email in advance of your delivery letting you know what is actually in it !!!! (you see what was substituted for what and what was out of stock so if something essential is missing you can pop to a shop and pick it up and you know in advance if a substitute will need to be sent back without going through the shop)
    • Website is fine (have not tried to use on mobile yet). It lets you set your own favourites
    • You can amend your order up to 11pm the night before
    • €10 off €50 spend and save vouchers are automatically applied to the shop up to a max of 4 (€200)
    • Orders are bagless - This does mean items have to be taken out of the crates one by one
    • Refund for unsuitable substitutins is quickly refunded (about a day slower than Tesco )

Cons

• I couldn't see anywhere to apply my ValueClub vouchers but maybe it is available?

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Lena11 has given a very good summary that matches my experience.

The only point that I disagree with is liners which for me are a plus as it makes the handover so much better. The Supervalu liners are biodegradable (at least from the store that I got deliveries from), so I wish Dunnes would adapt that too.

As to vouchers for Dunnes, you can not apply vouchers at this point, you get them automatically (as lena11 said) but you also get additional vouchers in the app you can use for in person shopping. So, if you shop for 50€ you get 10€ deducted automatically and another 10€ digital voucher you can use on your next in person shop. I don't know if that is an oversight or by design but for me every time, I get this.

I moved to Dunnes for most of my deliveries now.

Advertisement