Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday 13th January 2022

• 13-01-2022 2:33pm

2.00 Bangor JOUEUR BRESILIEN 25/1 win ASKING FOR ANSWERS 20/1 ew

Hard to look past either One Fer Momma or Clondaw Promise who both won well enough lto.. Those races were on soft/heavy ground, so it's hard to know what to make of it, as they both seem to act on it, and I can't split them. One Fer Momma has beeen well supported though. and Clondaw Promise has drifted, and I can't really see the justification for either of those moves. I think the bottom weight Asking For Answers is not out of it, and has some good form from the tail end of 2020, and, if I had thought about it a bit more, I would have done him each way earlier on @ ~ 16 or 20 to one..

But I didn't do him, and the pen landed on a hopeful pick in the shape of the topweight Joueur Bresilien. He's down in grade/acts on soft, and has won at this sort of trip before, albeit on better ground. Even though he's 10, he might have a bit more to offer at this level. Has drifted out to 20/1 since this morning, but Sean Bowen is a 'one trick jockey' , and the selection's trainer Rebecca Curtis, is hot.. 😁

Not one for the mortgage this pick, but a hopeful €2 win, as will likely go very close or finished tailed off. Asking For Answers worth 50c or a € ew as well imo..

😊 Good Luck

Comments

2.40 Catterick

Couldn't make up my mind, even though I had a good look at this race. Think Sidi Ismael was a bit short @ ~ 6/4, but has drifted out to a backable price now at ~3/1. The one I liked ew is the bottomweight Who's In The Box, and can be given a chance on a few of his showings, but wasn't a great price @ ~ 4 or 5 to one... he's even shorter now @ around 9/4.. maybe a € win on both of them..

Nothing doing today 😩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

3:50 Ncs going for an "outsider" Dairerin - winner twice, first time in hdc company - interesting one;

4:20 Ncs National Charter e/w - that was a good 4th in lingfield last time, hoping that she will put that experience in use today;

4:50 Ncs Engles Rock e/w - if we look past her last two runs, she was very close 2nd off the same mark here.

I seem to have a bet in every race today. I'm tired after work and don't feel like doing anything else apart having some harmless fun, GL!

Now lets pick a good one in 7:30 Chelmsford race because PP is paying 4 places in it.

Will give that one a look so J - plenty of time yet 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Just 1 bet for me today and so confident it will win, that if it loses I'll give up gambling for a month. Biggest stake I've had on in about 4 years.

4.20 Newcastle, Stormy ocean, around 5/4. This will win. Ran in hit race distance too short. Perfect distance, class above these and working like a machine.

what a lovely and inspiring bunch in 7:30 Chelmsford. I've gone with Rockesbury because himself and the fav The Game of... are the only ones liking it there and I don't feel like backing favorites tonight.

7.30 Chelmsford

Only 11 out of the 12 go to post in the 7.30. Dunno if PP go 4 places if less than 12 in a race..

Tricky to call,, anyhow, have 2 picks,,

LAURENTIA win 5/1 PP , Boyle , Lads

Has never won over this short a trip, but is drawn low in 2, and was ahead inside the last furlong, in a race at the course over a mile in October.

DEEDS NOT WORDS ew 90/1 PP , 100/1 Boyle , Lads

Won at the course twice in January 2020 (both over 6fs) .... Came third here last year in a similar type race over the trip... massive price..

Dairerin 3/1 ran ok race but no chance with runaway winner;

National Charter 15/2 came last but has reason for that - she was hampered badly and her race was over, stays in the notebook, look out for a weaker race with no Frankel offspring in sight;

Engles Rock 10/1 saves the day with a nice win when coming through from the back.

I was looking at Laurentia too but her lack of form over 7f put me off. Another interesting one is Western Music, relatively low mileage with 2 good runs out of last 3 in hdc company. PP is still paying 4 places, should I change my mind and go with the later instead of Rockesbury which is now of the drift...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Not betting but just out of interest, 2 short price things I don't think will win.

7.0 Chelmsford, whittle le Woods around 7/4 just can't see it winning.

6.0 Chelmsford, hathlool, around 7/4. Pretty sure this won't win.

No luck in the last but up on the day, I take that.

Advertisement