Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Nutrition

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

It was more “it doesn’t have to be expensive if you buy smart and in bulk”. Then again, if you don’t use gels, even 0.01€ Per gel (if a sale as such would exist) would not be a good buy 🙂. Totally agree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

I’d only be using gels on really long runs or 3-4 hour bike rides, it’s not like I’m using them every run of the week. A box of 15 could last me a few months so it’s really not that expensive for something that works for me.

Cant see any issue spending money on good products that work.

Post edited by FinnC on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone use Tailwind for nutrition for running a marathon and how much do you need to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ed......

I've never used it in marathons but always use it in ultras. How much you need is relative I suppose. I mix 1 scoop(if you bought the bag) in 250ml bottle water and take 2 per hour which is 200 calories(per hour). I'll try top this up with 50 more calories of solid food but I would consider that unnecessary in the marathon.

I looked at their website there and for a 4hr marathon they suggest 4 sticks mixed in 500ml of water. Take a swig before each water station to dilute it further and avoid mixing during the race.

I work off the basis that the body can't process more than 200-300 calories per hour so any more will lead to stomach issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I’m now in the @Enduro camp on fuelling.

I’m training my body to use it’s own fat for fuel

Have run 3 marathons since February and only took water (and salt tabs for the last one) no fuel.

It just takes practice

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭py

Doing all training (including intervals etc) this way?

Any change in race pace?

Edit: make any changes in nutrition/hydration outside of running?

Post edited by py on

Advertisement