Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm Cost

Options
  • 13-01-2022 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I got a quote for a monitored alam from one of the major installers and wanted to see if people thought it was value for money or not.

Advertised as €99 install but this was only for 2 internal movement sensors and 2 door contacts. No window sensors..

So for 7 window sensors 2 movement sensors with camera, 2 door contacts. Monitoring included. The quote came in at €470 upfront and €47 per month.

Anyone think there is better value to be had?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I'd check out the option of having your own alarm and avoiding the monitoring fees. I have a HKC set up , I only pay an annual fee of €60 and any issues at all I get the app, texts, feedback. I can call the Gardai myself. I'll pull you prices off a quote I got just few months ago.

Main Panel €180

GSM (this lets the alarm connect to your phone via internet and mobile) €140

Wireless PIR sensor = €65, with camera €110

Door contacts wireless €70, wired €17

Window contacts €17 wired

€50 for the outside siren

So your set up, €320 panel with GSM , 2x€110 wireless camera and 9x€17 wired sensors and €200 installation fees it'd be about €900, with an annual cost of €60. You'd save your money back in less than a year. Even if it cost double I'd still take it you'll be paying 2 grand extra over 4 years and you're probably stuck with them.

Advertisement