Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm change

• 13-01-2022 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I have an Astec alarm installed since 2006. Over the years have had on and off trouble with one sensor a contact on a back door that goes off during the night. Not sure what’s triggering it but it’s gone off a couple of times over the last week and I’ve had enough. I’d like to get a new alarm using the old wiring. I tried calling a few companies a few years ago but all they wanted to do was install wireless. I’d like to use the existing wiring. I don’t want broadband on all the time. Please help. I’m in the midlands so need someone in Kildare, Laois or Offaly. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the wiring is all good there's no need for wireless. Was this a prewired property? If so it will be fine for most systems. If not and wiring is basic then wireless or hybrid may be your only options. GSD i1070 would let you integrate the Astec sensors, but at 16 years old replacing everything would be best if your budget allows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you have tried changing the sensor and still have an issue you may have an issue with the cable going to the device. An option would be to double up on the cores used and see if that helps, alternatively you could upgrade the system using a hybrid system and utilize wired and wire free devices.

The wire free systems use there own 868 frequency for talking to the sensors.

Advertisement