Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H03VV-F Cable: what to use it for??

• 14-01-2022 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering would anyone on this forum be able to offer advice .

I have H03VV F cable running to the ceilings of three rooms in my house. The all feed back to behind the TV in the sitting room. They are just lying on the ground, not connected to anything.

A friend mentioned they might be for ceiling speakers? If this is the case what equipment (smart speakers etc) would I need to get it up and running?

Or are they for something else like internet access points etc? Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My understanding is they can be used for anything that uses a normal plug but anything that'd be a heavy electricity user (dryer, washing machine, etc) shouldn't be used.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Found this, H03VV-F (miviko-cables.com) which gives a good indicator of it's uses, looks like access points and stuff would be fine. If in doubt ask a certified electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Doug Stamper

Thanks Clareman, that's a great link and explanation.

I'm still unsure why they were fitted to the ceilings in the first place! The lights etc are all in place. I'll run it by an electrician the next time I see one.

Thanks again.

Advertisement