Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut freelance business account

Options
  • 14-01-2022 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am in the early stages of setting up a podcast management business as a sole trader and looking at business accounts. I have registered a business name "Lunar Wave Media" and was considering opening a freelancer account with Revolut. I have a Revolut personal account and find it very good especially the foreign exchange.

You cannot use your business name on a Revolut freelance account will that look unprofessional?

Has anyone any experience with Revolut Freelance accounts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Stay away from Revolut many people already lost money. Use Google Search. Is Not financially regulated in Ireland. If they take your money or get busted nothing you could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What kind of issues have people had with revolut?

Revolut is not a bank and is not financially regulated in Ireland. Just some "dude" from the Internet so called digital bank...

And that's what people said about revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I like the way a dude from the internet made it easier to bank than actual banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fionagalway

The internet will give you the answers you look for trust pilot.ie give a high rating 76% excellent, (Boards.ie won't let me post the link)

It would be nice to hear from someone that has actually used their business or freelancer account, I have been using the personal account for years and love it.

• Advertisement

Trust pilot s year ago was full of negative comments until revolut start posting sweet comments about themselves.

Bottom line is not a bank and you have Zero guarantee of your money. Anytime anywhere by surprise expect your account beign closed and money vanished.

If you want to hide extra income from revenue that wouldn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fionagalway

I'm not hiding earningd from revenue.ie the only way to get away with that would be cash only,

I may have clients outside EU an would want a good exchange rate.

I can tell you really don't like revolut, can you advise on an other business account that is easy to set up and has a good foreign currency rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭in2dark

N26 business. It is a bank (guarantee) and I use them the last 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I use Revolut for business banking, although mine is very much a money in/money out business - I do not keep much there, pay myself and revenue generally as soon as I can once the business gets paid. For those purposes, I have no issue it with it, its been relatively stress free.

Advertisement