Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with sick note

Options
2»

Comments

Rubbish.

i don’t know why some people are here hell bent on nothing more than causing more anxiety.

One of the guys parents died and he’s suffering with tremendous levels of anxiety, the likes of which stop him being able to work efficiently.

He asked for the cert to be dated in the future as he had no cover for the previous days and felt comfortable enough to power through temporarily but is well aware they are mentally unable to push any harder, this isn’t weird, it won’t cause undue hassle at work and there’s no benefit whatsoever to be gained from insisting otherwise.

I honestly hope the OP isnt taking posts like these too seriously as someone with anxiety I know myself how they’d make me feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

I never asked the doctor to falsify anything. The appointment took place 13.01, I never asked the doctor to falsify the date of appointment. The appointment will always remain in their records under this date. I don't see how asking for a different start date for my leave equals falsifying records.

It is the doctor's prerogative to say they can't issue a certificate with a leave start date two days after the appointment. If it was such a big issue, the doctor would have declined. It's their duty.

I think you're looking at this from a different angle than most people do. You're looking at this as if it were a regular sickness. We're talking about a bereavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I took it that you were asking for the date of issuance to be changed along with the start date.

Advertisement