Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne Castle Estate

Options
  • 15-01-2022 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all

is anyone living in Dunboyne Castle Estate that could answer some questions?

I am looking at an apartment for sale. They are currently fixing pyrite issues in the block. Once this is complete is that it problem solved or could other issues arise from having had pyrite? Also I was told another block has issues with the roof and it needs to be replaced. The cost of repairing this will be split between all the 208 apartments in the estate. They don’t have a figure for the repair yet. Any ideas in what kind of region (approx) we would be talking for replacing the roof of an apartment block?!

any ideas, tips on the area etc would be seriously appreciated:)

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

I went sales agrees on one of those apts last year, but i eventually pulled out.

Once pyrite has been sanitied there should be no more structural issues related to that, also if your apt is not ground floor there really is not disruption for you. The stigma of pyrite however will stay when you are going to sell down the line.

Regarding the roof i was told by my solicitor that it would add about 100 to 200 euro per year on the service charges, which are not very high in the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Thank you for that Mic 1972. Can I ask if the reason you pulled out was anything of concern in relation the the apartments?? i don’t mean to pry, I’m a First time buyer and the whole thing is very daunting!!

I'd run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jas12345

Can I ask has any pyrite been found in the “the park area”. I hear it was found on the other side.

also is there anyway to connect with anyone who has dealt with this problem. Is there any government help or is the builder getting penalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redrye

Hi,

Looking at a house in this estate. Just wondering if people could share anymore about it as a place to live/raise a family.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement