Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Street Lighting at junctions of National Roads

Options
  • 16-01-2022 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all. Who is responsible for public street lights / lighting at junctions exiting onto main N roads in the county? - is it local county council authority or is it done by NRA nation roads authority ?

There are a couple of junctions particularly I think in the area that should be lit by some street lamp posts lighting the junction to make the junctions safer , but who do I voice my opinion to? - is it local TD's or the council or a particular Government department?

What is the stance of street lighting at a major junction or junctions - is it a requirement? I notice on some N-Roads they are lit with some LED street lighting and others are not.

I will use this shoddily diagram I have done to highlight just a couple of junctions that I personally believe should be lit with around 5 or more LED street lights at the junction (note: its not done to scale at all) - I have picked this location particularly because i travel this road after darkness and the junctions seem busy with cars exiting onto the N17 (especially the Ballymote and Collooney turn off) and cars exiting off the N17 onto these roads.

Advertisement