Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shemagh Scarves

Options
  • 16-01-2022 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

I just bought a replacement for my Swiss army knife that was robbed out of my car by a mechanic... and found myself going down this rabbihole... I'm beginning to consider putting together a bug out bag... but reading some people's lists I thought I'd add a bit of insight...

I lived in the Middle East for close to a decade. Camping, dune bashing, and exploring wadi's was good weekend fun and we were very respectful of the desert and the environment. We used to wear Kufiyas (shemagh) as they'd keep the sun off our necks, help keep us cool, and deal with sand thrown up or the occasional sand storm or whirlwind. Occasionally they were used as picnic blankets and when the cool evenings came in they would help keep you warm... It gets dark early...

Anyways, by far the best quality comes from the only original factory still running... Most are polyester or nylon and made in China or India... I have a couple of older scarves, that are worthless to me now as they are cheap crap... But I have 5 Herbawi Kufiyas that I wear as scarves now that I'm back home and they are the most versatile items... Good size, good material, nice material thickness... if your gonna put together a survival bag, better use the best stuff, so I thought I'd share.

www.kufiya.org

Post edited by Bluefoam on

Comments

Advertisement