Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexible Working in Contract

Options
  • 17-01-2022 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

More of a query than a problem. I'm looking to change role in the near future. Like most, I've been working from home (WFH) for some time now and would like to keep or maintain a more flexible work arrangement and ditch the commute as much as possible.

Has anyone heard of or had experience of getting flexible arrangements into a contract of employment?

Discussions so far have intimated that WFH could accommadated but its all a little vague and non-binding - so i'm curious as to perspectives and experience of others.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Yes, these WFH things are always a little vague! A lot of jobs are advertised as accomodating remote working at present, especially in tech sector.

The job spec would say if remote is possible, and you can ask at interview how peope are finding WFH, from the point of the employees and the management. Then when they offer it is the time to get that baked in, via negotiation. Have a clear proposal in moind of if and when you want to be in the office and work towards that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks. This will be public sector so I'm not talking to an ultimate decision maker per se - and while they might be amenable to me WFH they can get over-ruled - so I'm trying to protect myself as best I can.

I think (if I'm successful), I'll be asking for something to be put in the contract. Not sure how far I'll get with that.

Advertisement