Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday 17th January 2022

• 17-01-2022 1:04pm

Wolverhampton

I think the favs are all vulnerable here

Will chance two each way in this..

TRIBUTO 12/1 Spoils ew. won easy 2 runs back when making all over C & D.

WATER OF LEITH 9/1 gen ew. Has an absence to overcome, and was unlucky the last time he ran over C & D. That was in August, and he found trouble in running there when finishing 5th in a fast run time.. Is a 2 time C & D winner, has won off 82, and is 68 rated currently....

Might do a couple of polite forecasts too 😂

I like these 2 for 3-place lays  in the same race:

Patsy Fagan Lay at up to 8/11

Desert Lime Lay at up to 1/2

6.00 SOCIETY RED 11/2 gen ew... Looks way overpriced and should be good enough to at least nab a place here...

Gluck 😃

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I was just looking at the same race, 5:30 Wolves. I can't pin point the winner either.

Desert Lime - good last run, same mark and claimer takes further 7lb off, but the widest draw of all;

Patsy Fagan - good win lto but on the career high mark;

Seas of Elzaam - this one is on career lowest mark, drop in class but lacks of current form;

Impeach - made all last time, held on well but the pack was coming at him which raises doubts if he has the pace to come through if race doesn't go his way, raised 2lb for that effort;

Creek Harbour - has absence to overcome, ran well of this mark before, jockey is taking 5lb off today.

... this race is taking too much of my time and nothing has pop out yet, so I better move on.

ETA: I see Hugh Taylor has tipped Creek Harbour today, so there's no value in that one anymore, price dropped over 40%

Of the overnight favourites in that 5.30 (Impeach, Patsy Fagan and Desert Lime) ; I think a combination of the draw (3 mentioned are drawn widest, and most of the field like to get on with it) and the rise in weights - plus for the two lto winners (Impeach and Patsy Fagan) , they're running on a course they've never won on before - could well do for the three of em. Desert Lime might be able to run a decent hold up race, and may be unexposed, but this is a tough looking Class 5, and she's one to swerve also I feel..

Wolves was the onliest meeting I looked at. The rest looked too tricky, esp Punchestown..

3 picks to keep my day more interesting: two shorties 4:30 Twistaline, 6:00 Alexander James, and a long shot 7:30 Hot Day. GL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2 good bets for me today. One in usa and one in UK.

6.19 philadelphia, the fav jeopardy James is very low at around even money. I honestly can't see it winning here. Lay bet and my best of the day.

6.30 Wolverhampton, rainbow dreamer, around 1/2 or less. I don't think this horse will win. Moderate 2nd lto and I'm hoping something will kick clear and won't be caught by the short price fav. Lay bet

Crazy gamble on favourite in the last, must be a sure thing 🤣

• Advertisement

Two good calls there, well done. No luck on my side.

Favorite won as expected in the last. He's A Latchico goes into notebook from that one.

Ta j 😊

😃 Two respectable seconds.,,, doesn't really butter any parsnips though 😂

We might have better luck next time .. Have not looked at anything yet for tomorrow, but there are 3 biggish field handicaps tomorrow at Exeter.. If I look at anything, likely it will be those 3 races - the 4th , 5th and 6th... might be able to source a few picks in the double figure range!

Advertisement