Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfinished common areas

Options
  • 17-01-2022 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We moved to our new home in dec 2020, but the common areas are not fully finished yet. According to planning permission and to the an board pleanala approval there were things like a playground for kids to be added (among other items). Does anyone knkow if we should be able to get this sorted? We are very happy with the development, it's just a final few things that need to be done in the common areas. Or will the buiilders just ignore us? They have sold all the units, so I don't know if we will get anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Slightly different scenario, but my experience is that the builders will probably ignore you, but start with them, you might get lucky. You can then go to the council and point out that the planning conditions haven't been met, and ask for a timeline. The council will contact the builders, who'll say "oh yeah, we're going to do that after the next phase, or at the end of the month, or after the cat has had kittens". The council will then tell you what the builder said, and close the file. When it still hasn't been done x time later, you'll then have to lodge a new complaint.

If there's an OMC in the estate, ask the agent to follow up on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

That’s more or less what I thought. I sent an email to the planning enforcing department, as common areas are supposed to be transferred to the council. I suppose (hope) that they’ll force the issue a little before the transfer

Advertisement