Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MHRV not extracting

Options
  • 17-01-2022 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Any one have any ideas.

Have changed filters , pushing in cold air in all vents but not extracting from any vents

Its an ITHO HRU ECO , 10 years old , no issues until now !

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Had a similar issue with my system a few years back. Thought the extract fan had failed but was good when I checked it.

The issue was a clogged extract grill (I had changed the grill for a ss bullnose type and in it was a fine mesh that got clogged with fine dust and organic growth over time)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Thanks …….Opened up the unit after downloading instructions and messed around with bypass / freeze protection and after a while I could feel warm air ……..went back down from attic and it was extracting again …….no idea what I did but maybe the freeze protection mechanism had activated and not reset ……..working away fine again anyway 👍

Advertisement