Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolestown Ravensmill & Riverview

Options
  • 18-01-2022 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am looking for new houses and csme across 2 such developments in Rolestown area.

Wanted to generally ask how the area is ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rahikhub

Same question. Is the rolestown good and safe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Rolestown is lovely, old settled village. But it is a long way from most amenities. However if you just want a primary school near you and don't mind driving everywhere, it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beardeddub

425k for a 3 bed and 480k for a 4 bed in whats effectively the middle of no where. MADNESS

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Any issues with the social housing estate there?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

I looked to buy in Riverview last year but couldn't wait for them to be released. Rolestown is a Small Village but there are 300 units or so going in here so it's going to become quite a large village over the next couple of years.

Rolestown is as safe as any rural village, tight knit community but not many ameneities, the PUB Closed about 30-40 years ago. There is Kettles Hotel and Roganstown Golf/Country Club. Also a Lot of the Community is based around Fingal Ravens CLG Club. Its a bit strange as there's really no Centre for the Village. Although believe commercial units are going in near the Church as part of these developments, the Petrol Station is there.

The Ashbourne Road going through the area is Very Busy but these developments are not directly on it.

NO issues with the Social Housing as far as I'm aware.

Prices are very high, but it's hardly the middle of nowhere, a quiet area 10 Minutes from Swords, 10 Minutes from the Airport. With Bus Links to the City Centre. I would say this is going to become quite an affluent area in the next 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

even if those amenities go in it's not much. I'd rather buy in one of the current Swords estates and be within walking distance of Swords village, with better public transport options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Its EXTREMELY expensive outside of the new homes - easily 500-600k+ for anything at all. Literally impossible to build there if you are not born and bred and living there all your life, so new homes very rare. If its any help there was a mini Local development plan 10 years ago that said the school could facilitate up to 400 new students so should be no problem with school places.

Swords is zoned right up the Rathbeale Rd so I suspect eventually in a few decades it technically won't be quite so rural.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi, are there any public walking trails along the Broadmeadow River? Or any other scenic areas to go for walks?

Advertisement