Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding insurance

• 18-01-2022 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭

In the current climate are people taking out wedding insurance ?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We took out wedding insurance before the pandemic. It one of things that in theory is better to have and not need, than to need and not have. But realistically I don't know if they're worth the money. When the pandemic hit I heard sooo many stories about the insurance not paying out. You'd think that something as unexpected as that is exactly what it's for!! I think some people were successful, but it was an uphill battle and there other circumstances at play too.

They definitely won't cover anything Covid related nowadays though (as it's a known issue), so don't take it out for that reason.

There are always other reasons you might need it though. E.g. if you or your parents get seriously ill just before the wedding, if your venue goes bust or burns to the ground etc. Just have a good look at the terms and conditions to see what actually is/isn't covered and decide yourself if it's worth the money.

For what it's worth, we changed our wedding date 3 times and didn't need to make a claim on the insurance. We worked hard to find new dates that all our suppliers were available though, so we didn't lose the deposits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv been trying to get wedding insurance for the last week without success

Is it even a thing anymore,

Iv mailed and called quote devil & wedidnginsurance.ie with no joy,

Even tried ti fill there online form in and in the end it kicks you out,

Anyone get wedding insurance else where ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Senature

I have been looking into wedding insurance and am concerned about some of the T&Cs. It looks like you are not really covered if your venue ceases trading / closes due to bankruptcy. I would feel that is one of the main purposes for getting insurance.

Does anyone know any more about this, or know of insurers that cover this?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭chubba1984

We took out wedding insurance before the pandemic and when we went to claim because of the government restrictions, we were told to take a hike for ourselves. Not worth it whatsoever on our circumstances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Senature

Jaysus, sorry to hear that but thanks for the info. It does seem from the small print that you have to meet quite strict criteria for any claim to succeed which is not great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement