Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWA Cable

Options
  • 18-01-2022 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Just a little question for the professionals on here. Need one power socket in shed next to house, distance from fuse box in house to shed is just 10 metres, that's down the house wall across to shed and in at floor level. I will be putting the cable underground for electrician to do his work at both ends later. Is, say, 12m. of 2.5mm SWA OK or should I go for 4mm ? The socket will be used for light work, small angle grinder, charge batteries, bench light etc. Hope to do the work this coming weekend. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I would go for the 4sq , the angle grinder is what stands out .

If you're coming from the board maybe think about a little consumer unit in your shed giving you a supply for your sockets separate from your lights.

I appreciate costs might be a constraint, have a chat with the electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MuttonDagger

Is it going back to the consumer unit or too another socket ?

If its going to another socket there is no point going bigger than 2.5.

Advertisement