Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine in Poland

Options
  • 18-01-2022 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

My plan for this year is to apply to study veterinary in Poland (either Warsaw or Wroclaw). I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the entrance exam/interview? Do you think just revising leaving cert material should be sufficient? I am on my second gap year so was a bit rusty on biology and chemistry and I am revising it all now. Also if anyone had any past exam papers that would be a great help to me.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Korio

Poland is experiencing a large influx of foreign students now.. it seems to me that it will be difficult to find a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elacsap

Hi Eve,

I only know about Wroclaw.

• You must go through Medical Poland (MP). I don't know what the precise relationship is between MP and the University of Wroclaw (UoW) - all I know is that the UoW pretends that you don't need to go through MP but, in reality, you do as the UoW just don't respond to emails at the certain point in the process, etc.
    • The exam is an interview, right? Unlike, say, Budapest which is an exam. Prior to the interview, my son was apprehensive about science part of the interview - as it turned out, it was relatively easy - there's a list of questions on the UoW website. Maybe they went easy on him because he had good grades in biology and chemistry.

I hope this helps - good luck. By the way, what are you doing on your gap year - are you getting some animal handling experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 arthurreed

It's true, my sister is studying there in Warsaw. There are really a lot of newcomers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lego11

Hi,

I've just sent you an DM - my daughter hopes to apply for 2024 in Wroclaw for VetMed. Can you share how your sons first year has gone? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elacsap

Actually, although offered a place in Worclaw, he also got a place in UCD and loves it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lego11

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beige W

Hello there! I hope you are doing well, how did it go for your daughter? How was the interview was it hard? Did you also apply through Medical Poland? I am looking forward to apply in the next intake. Thanks in advance

Advertisement