Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month saving rule

Options
  • 18-01-2022 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I saved a regular amount in November, in December I didn't save anything and this month I'm back on track. If my savings were consistent for the next 3 months could I count December in the 6 month mortgage application?

Thanks for an advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

Speaking from personal experience, the two banks I applied with (Ulster and PTSB) needed 6 months of the stress-tested mortgage amount either saved, paid in rent or both. This was one of the very first checks for AIP.

I remember chatting with a broker prior to having the six months solid savings (before that I was saving mixed amounts each month and missed a month and even had a cumulative higher savings needed) and because of the month gap, the advice was to have the solid six months so I started again.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Thanks for that mojesius, appreciate it

Advertisement