Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewave 10270

Options
  • 19-01-2022 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi just wondering about wiring this alarm system, any advice would be great. I’m a sparks but haven’t done much on alarms. It’s for my own house, I’ve wired a single cable to each point in the house and back to the attic 

downstairs 

fronth door - inertia and contact 

back door - inertia and contact 

roof light - inertia 

Sitting room - inertia and contact 

porch - pir

Sitting room - pir 

kitchen - pir 

upstairs 

fronth bed - inertia and contact 

master bed - inertia and contact 

long bed - inertia and contact 

bathroom - inertia and contact 

relay for smoke detectors 

first question is which wiring method is best 

What are the advantages and disadvantages? 

second question I was hoping to do each point on its own zone so when I use the app 

I’ve more control on arming points . Is this a good idea ? 

my device only has 10 zones so 

do I need to buy and expansion pack or should I return the box for a different version with more zones has I haven’t used it yet? 

any advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

The 10270 comes as standard with 10 zones but is expandable to add more zones by adding 10 zone expanders.

Since you system is going to be in the attic you should be installing a Dual Tech PIR to protect the panel as its classed outside the perimeter in the attic but as its a self install this is up to yourself.

You could use HKC Point ID PIRs and that will mean you can put the 3 PIRs into a point zone and ID them onto the system.

Also if you did put 2 zones into the one zone on the panel that would mean you wouldn't need an expander if you do fit the Dual Tech motion in the attic.

On the roof light, if its a Velux window you only install contacts on these.

Advertisement