Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insect in home

Options
  • 19-01-2022 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

I keep finding these insects in my bedroom and bathroom every couple of weeks.

Not a swarm, just one or two at a time.

Are they silverfish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yeah silverfish - unless you have an infestation nothing to worry about (no house is completely bug free), just make sure surfaces are clean etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Thanks for the quick reply.

Surfaces are clean but the bathroom is a wet room and small - floor is always wet.

is that what draws them? Damp?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It would attract them - make sure it's ventilated/aired - like I said unless you are infested not worth worrying about, there's probably bigger spiders hiding behind stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

They thrive in damp. Will chomp on anything like paper or pasta, or just the plaster in walls. If you’re overrun with them, you can get

lots of tips online, but the odd one I’d live with. Leave the bathroom light on if you don’t want a fright at night, they’re shy creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’ve killed a couple in the bedroom over Christmas just wasn’t sure what they were.

Each In the same spot Nothing that would attract them there so I assumed they were just getting in on that side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭unimaginativeusername

Hi there,

I posted earlier about silverfish only to read some of the other threads including this one.

May I ask if you’re still having issues with them?

I haven’t moved into my home yet and it’s largely empty. I did a big clean yesterday and didn’t come across anything not even a spider or dead flies or anything else, only to see a single silverfish this morning.

From what I’ve read it’s unlikely for only one to be present and so there may be many more lurking somewhere.

Are you still noticing them and has the problem grown, if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks,

K

Advertisement