Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Properties going for asking price

Options
  • 19-01-2022 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all

I know its a sellers market but is there any location in Dublin or Meath where the houses are going for roughly the asking price. Anything I enquire about is already 20k + above the asking. Its so disheartening.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It just doesn't happen as it is they way the market the properties. You need to look at houses with asking prices a good bit below your maximum to be looking at the correct part of the market you can afford. I would say about 20% below what you can afford. To save on your fist home I would say plan to buy second hand furniture and even appliances. You will save a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Agents know the asking price is below the value. They purposefully list it this way to cast a wider net and encourage people to dig deep in their pockets.

The market right now is indeed horrible I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Amias

Check for new build estates. They tend to be first come first served on static house prices. Set price with no bidding

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Gusser09

It's a tough market at present. Supply is on the floor literally in the commuter belt. Houses that aren't worth 300k are going for closer to 500k. Supply is one part of the issues but so is the cost of building.

My advice is to go for a second hand home that needs some TLC. Some youngsters these days will only consider brand new houses and are afraid of a bit of hard work. Not saying you are op. We bought our house 12 years ago and have since put in new bathrooms, floors, Kitchen and all the usual bits. Cut your cloth and be prepared to do it up over the years.

Advertisement