Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Scanner Dublin for car part

Options
  • 19-01-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, I'm a complete novice at 3D printing, etc. but I have a chip out of my wing mirror and don't want to replace the whole thing. I thought I could use clay to get the shape of the missing piece, and then use a 3D scanner and printer to make a replacement piece and glue it in.

Is this possible, what are the costs involved for printing a small piece in this way and can anyone recommend a service or company in Dublin who had scanners and printers?

Thanks and apologies if I've missed any required info or am posting in the wrong place!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

By the sounds of it you would be better just using some filler and maybe some mesh depending on the hole. Have a look at the below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3zuKc1oHMg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,327 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Call a few car breakers. You will hopefully find a cheap replacement of the correct colour.

Otherwise, repair or get it repaired as said above.

What is the car?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement