Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampon Issue - Should I go to the doc?

• 19-01-2022 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi Ladies,

This is super embarrassing but I basically must have got a tampon lost in my body. It's been about 3 weeks since my last period and only discovered today. I had a couple of weeks where I was feeling unwell, dizzy and just weak (not sure if this is related). Has this happened to anyone before?

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Presumably you removed it when you realised? Go to the doctor anyway just in case. You probably need to get checked for infection regardless.

It's a fairly common thing to happen apparently, but do get checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Danni21

Yes, I did remove it. I'm just concerned because I had been feeling unwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes, go to the doctor. When feeling unwell it is a good idea to go to the doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

I would go to your GP in the morning, I’m sorry if you feel scared but sepsis can be setting in, especially if you’ve got symptoms eg. high temp. Please go in the morning, better be safe than sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Advertisement