Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed semester one

Options
  • 19-01-2022 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'm finished my first semester of college and it was really rough. I suffer heavily from depression and it really impacted this semester. Basically I handed in none of my final work for three out of my five subjects. If I can get on top of them and hand everything in in semester two, will I pass or will my bad semester one grades impact so much that I'll be kicked out? I'm not too worries about year 2 as our QCA goes back to zero, so I'm really just looking to pass this year

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to speak to your tutors. Get notes from your doctor and see can you re-do the missing assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Teacher2020

You will have to re-do the assignments in the summer. Pretty sure you can only repeat 4 subjects in a year so if you have failed 3 in the Autumn term then you will only be able to fail one in the Summer term. You should get a letter that will tell you what you need to do to repeat those assignments that you failed. You should make the college aware of your depression if you haven't already - they may have structures in place that may help you in the future. Certs etc. probably won't help your cause for the past semester but it may make them aware that you need extra accommodations in the future.

Advertisement